Dr. K. Nandini
Professor & Head
The Department of Plant Physiology was declared as a statutory Department at College of Horticulture, on 1.05.08 with an intake capacity of one MSc and one PhD. Previously it was attached to the Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics.
1. To impart teaching for UG and PG programmes in the College.
2. To impart research in the area of Stress physiology, Seed physiology, production physiology and weed physiology of various field crops.
3. To provide consultation service to farmers in the above areas in tackling field problems.
1.Dr.K.Nandini,Professor and Head
Current activities :-
U.G. programmes: Offers two courses for B.Sc (Ag)
M.Sc programmes: Offers 15courses (4 core and 11 optional) for M.Sc (Ag) and M.Sc (Hort).
Ph.D. programmes: Offers 8 courses (3 core and 5 optional)
On going programmes
Laboratory and other facilities:
Portable photosynthesis system, Portable leaf area meter, Centrifuge, Spectrophotometer, Seed purity board, U.V cabinet, pH meter, Hot air oven etc.
Glass house for drought studies.
1. Training for quality seed production from Dec13-18, 2004 to Agricultural officers.
2. National seminar on plant physiology "Physiological and Molecular approaches for the improvement of Agricultural, Horticultural, and Forestry crops" 28-30 November, 2006
Other current activities:
Dr.T.Girija. -Young scientist award for the excellence in agricultural research instituted by KSCSTE in 1992.
Professor and Head
Department of Plant physiology
College of Horticulture
Kerala Agricultural University KAU.P.O., 680656
Phone : 0487- 2370822 ( 342 )
Designed & Maintained By Bioinformatics Centre, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara
All Rights Reserved. COH © 2008
Best viewed in Internet Explorer 6 or above, 1024 x 768 Screen, Flash enabled